Adquet 2

Jum 4

Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Nyannyan bus terminal reopens 3years after bomb blast



The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) yesterday reopened the Nyanya temporary bus terminal, which was closed in April 2014 following multiple bomb blasts.

The FCT Minister, Muhammad Bello, who performed the brief reopening, said the park was reopened after necessary security measures had been put in place, and to ease the difficulty faced by commuters in the last three years.
Bello, who was represented by the Acting Secretary of the Transportation Secretariat Abdulhamid Suleiman, said: “The vicinity around the bombed terminal was always congested thus, causing heavy gridlocks while commuters boarded on the road, thereby exposing them to danger.
“The journey to the reopening of this terminal was tortuous. Security meetings were held to determine the implications or otherwise of its reopening. I’m happy to announce to you that the meetings favoured the reopening and that’s what we are here today.
“I assure commuters that this terminal is safe for use. All necessary security measures have been considered to ensure the safety of life and property. Law enforcement agents have been mobilised to ensure all round security of commuters, in and around the terminal.
Post a Comment