Adquet 2

Jum 4

Monday, 1 February 2016

Dickson’s Sister Still Held 42 days After Abduction

Nancy Keme Dickson, the abducted younger sister to Bayelsa State Governor Seriake Dickson, has spent over 42 days with her assailants.

Residents expressed surprised yesterday that the governor appeared placid about Nancy’s plight.
No cheering news has been heard about the abducted woman in the last six weeks she has been with the hoodlums.
The 26-year-old, who is said to be the last child of the Dicksons, was abducted on December 19, last year, by gunmen.
She was seized at her shop on Okaka Road in Yenagoa, the state capital.
The gunmen, who reportedly drove in an ash Lexus Jeep, were said to have trailed her to the shop and whisked her away to an unknown place at 2:50pm.
Her shop is located in a building housing the office of the Bayelsa Volunteers, an army of youths working for the government to assist security agencies in crime fighting.
Nancy was abducted after the December 5, 2015 governorship election and a few weeks to the January 9 supplementary poll, which Dickson won and became the re-elected governor.
The woman spent the Christmas and the New Year in her assailants’ hideout.
Nancy was missing when her family celebrated the governor’s victory at the poll. She may also miss Dickson’s inauguration on February 14.
Many people criticised Dickson for his alleged indifference to her sister’s plight and expressed fears that her captors might subject her to various assaults.
A source close to the governor said Dickson was not disposed to paying any ransom to free his sister.
The source, who spoke in confidence, noted that Dickson had ordered his family not to pay ransom to Nancy’s abductors.
He recalled that the governor took a similar action when gunmen abducted the mother of a commissioner in his administration.
The source added: “The governor does not believe in paying ransom to kidnappers. When his mother was kidnapped, the abductors demanded ransom but the governor turned down their request. They kept the woman until they became tired and set her free.

No comments: