Adquet 2

Jum 4

Monday, 25 August 2014

DR Congo Confirms First Cases of Ebola

The Democratic Republic of Congo have confirmed the first cases of Ebola virus in the north-western region of the country.

 Confirming the cases, the country's health Minister, Felix Kabange Numbi, said 8 people have tested positive to the deadly virus. "The results are positive. The Ebola virus is confirmed in DRC," Mr Numbi told AFP.

DR Congo is the first country outside the West African region to confirm positive cases of the Ebola virus since the recent outbreak. So far 1,427 people have died from the virus. 
Post a Comment