Wednesday, 17 December 2014
Heartwarming Letter of Support Written by a Nine-year-old to Her Gay Primary School Teacher Has Swept the Internet.
The British student wrote the tearjerker note after the teacher told her class that he was gay.
The man, who has preferred to stay anonymous, told the website PinkNews that he decided to come out to his pupils after learning that all of the class had heard the word 'gay' used as an insult.
He was stunned to receive the letter from the child afterwards, which described him as 'fantastic and awesome.'
Hmmmm even though i have my reservation, this little girls perception of her gay teacher has further helped my thinking.
Jim Nwobodo's Son Dr. Ifeanyi Nwobodo Buried at His Uncle's Compound - As Heavy Police Guards the Fathers House
If you had missed the controversy regarding the Se. Jim Nwobodo's son's burial, read here. According LIB, The remains of Sen. Jim Nwobodo's first son, Dr. Ifeanyi Chukwu Nwobodo was finally laid to rest today. He was buried in his father's elder brother's house, Chief John Nwobodo, Chairman of old Enugu Local Govt. Area...after his dad refused to allow his corpse buried in his compound. A source related to the family told LIB;
From the look of things, he was apparently buried on the arrangement of the church and his siblings as his father was not seen around. His father's awareness of his burial could be traced from the heavy presence of security personnel in guard of his compound though he was not seen and also his second wife. Ifeanyi was buried in his uncle's house which shares the same fence with the fathers house instead of his fathers. Hmmm
A senatorial candidate for The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Orlu senatorial district in Imo State, Ms Eudora Igwe, a lawyer, died the very same day her name was submitted to INEC as APGA candidate for Orlu zone.
The National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh today confirmed her death. Until her death, she was a member of the Imo State House of Assembly on the platform of APGA.
"We have lost a rare gem, who impacted positivity into the lives of her people. We pray the almighty God gives her perfect peace and we pray that the family she left behind be comforted with the fact that she lived a good and exemplary life worthy of emulation” he said
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Benue APC Crises - PRESS STATEMENT: We Have Not Stepped Down For Ortom, And We Do Not Have Any Plan To
One of the APC gubernatorial apsirants Prof Steve Ugba issued the Press Statement Below:
The crises rocking the Benue state chapter of APC seems to be getting deeper, since the news of the Selection of Dr. Ortom who was a former Minister and a PDP aspirant in the just concluded Benue PDP Gubernatorial primaries as the consensus candidate to fly the APC flag at the general election.
The decision which did not sit well with the other 5 aspirants who vigorously campaigned and were said not to be consulted. The 5 aspirants have since refuse and reject the decision, calling on the National Secretariat to come and conduct primaries where a candidate will emerge.
Following the repeated radio announcements by the Benue State EXCO of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the effect that we have adopted the immediate-past Minister of State for Trade and Investment, Chief Samuel Ortom, as our CONSENSUS GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE, and his consequential celebration, we wish to reiterate our earlier position, via a press statement on same, that BOTH ORTOM AND HIS SPONSORS IN THE BENUE APC ARE ON THEIR OWN.
Although there will be a detailed statement later in the day, we wish to add here and now that:
1. NO ONE has stepped down for Chief Ortom, NO ONE IS THINKING OF IT, AND NO ONE HAS ANY PLAN, EVEN REMOTELY, of STEPPING DOWN for him. We say this confidently because since our last meeting last week, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO MAKE US CHANGE OR SHIFT OUR POSITION. Every meeting we hold is to REJECT HIS CANDIDATURE WHOLESALE AND EVERYTHING INGLORIOUS THAT IT REPRESENTS.
2.As far as we know and are concerned, Chief Ortom's dream of ruling Benue State is a legitimate one, but we happen to know that he is pursuing this dream on the platform of his
Sg party, the PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP).
3. The last time we read about him, Ortom was one of the aspirants that was rejected by PDP Delegates at the PDP Governorship Primaries!
4. We know the registered and card-carrying APC members who are aspiring for the party's Governorship Ticket, and these: Chief J.K.N. Waku, Prof. Steve Ugbah, Hon. Emmanuel Jime, Chief Mike Iordye and Chief Akange Audu.
5. We also know that because we are serious about our aspiration, we accordingly bought the Expression of Interest Forms as well as the Governorship Nomination Forms within the stipulated time-frame so as to enable us go for our party's screening.
6. It is pertinent for us to note that as at today, being the 15th day of December, 2014, the only APC GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANTS IN BENUE STATE WHO HAVE BEEN DULY SCREENED AND ISSUED THEIR CERTIFICATES ARE FIVE OF US i.e. CHIEF J.K.N. Waku, Prof. Steve Ugbah, Hon. Emmanuel Jime, Chief Mike Iordye and Chief Akange Audu. This makes us eligible to vie for the party's guber ticket at the party's GOVERNORSHIP PRIMARIES.
7. If as at today, being the 15th day of December, 2014, the APC has not held the governorship primaries for one of us to emerge as the Benue State APC Governorship Candidate, the SCANDAL is not ours, but squarely that of those who have been saddled with that responsibility, but have mismanaged it.
8. If for whatever reason, the party cannot (or chooses not to) hold the primaries, and a CONSENSUS CANDIDATE HAS TO EMERGE, it has to be the outcome of a MEETING OF WE APC GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANTS WITH THE PARTY, AND NOT THE DECISION OF ONE MAN. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE CONSENSUS CANDIDATE SO CHOSEN MUST NECESSARILY be one us i.e. we the five authentic aspirants.
9. If suddenly, a failed PDP governorship aspirant becomes the CONSENSUS GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE of APC, a rival party, WE WILL CONSIDER IT A BAD DREAM, AND WE WILL PROCEED TO REJECT IT WITH ALL CONSTITUTIONAL VEHEMENCE, USING EVERY LEGAL, DEMOCRATIC AND MORAL WEAPON AT OUR DISPOSAL.
10. THE APC IS A POLITICAL PARTY, AND NOT ANY ONE'S PRIVATE ESTATE, AND SO WE INSIST THAT IT MUST NOT BE TURNED INTO A MOTOR-PARK BY ANYBODY WITH A VIEW TO ROLLING BACK THE FORCES OF DIMINISHING RETURNS WHICH HAVE INEVITABLY CAUGHT UP WITH HIM.
11. ARISING FROM THE FOREGOING, WE DECLARE THAT: A THOUSAND AND ONE RADIO/TV ANNOUNCEMENTS CANNOT MAKE CHIEF SAMUEL ORTOM, WHOM WE UNDERSTAND TO BE PLAYING THE DIVINE CARD, THE CONSENSUS GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE OF OUR PARTY.
12. Because we are loyal party members, we, once again, pledge our unalloyed loyalty to the APC, both at the state and national levels. And we say: LONG LIVE, APC; LONG LIVE, BENUE STATE.
PROF. STEVE TORKUMA UGBAH
(For and on behalf of G.5)
Monday, 15 December 2014
Uganda Maid That tortured A Minor in The Video That Went Viral Has Been Sentenced to 4 years in Prison
The Ugandan maid who was secretly filmed beating, kicking and stamping on an 18 months old baby has been sentenced to 4 years in prison for assault on a child.
22 year old Jolly Tumuhiirwe was sentenced this morning December 14th in a Kampala high court after pleading guilty to the crime of assault last week.
The court dropped charges of torture which would have given her at least 10 years in prison. 4 years is good enough. Lesson learnt. Justice served!
'I didn't know about Stella's tummy tuck that killed her' - Obasanjo
In OBJ's controversial new autobiography titled, My Watch, former President Olusegun Obasanjo said he didn't know that his late wife, former First lady Stella Obasanjo had been planning to undergo a tummy tuck to mark her 60th birthday anniversary. A cosmetic surgery that later killed her.
On page 240 in Volume two of his book, Obasanjo said it was after she had died on October 23rd 2005 in Spain that he found out what really killed her. What he said after the cut...
"After the internment, I decided to look into the circumstances of her death. I found that part of her 60th birthday anniversary, which was unknown to me, was her operation for her tummy and her shape.”
The former President said through the help of the Nigerian Embassy in Spain, he was able to get justice for his wife who according to him, died due to the cosmetic surgeon's carelessness
"I instructed that the doctor and the clinic be prosecuted. The lost life cannot be brought back but the successful prosecution would prevent carelessness and loss of life in the future".
He said the doctor was made to pay damages which was collected by Olu, Stella's only child and the doctor's license withdrawn.
He also addressed insinuations that he used his wife as a sacrifice for his success in office
"Before the verdict in Spain, I was unaware of what I came to hear later that I might have caused the death of my wife to sacrifice her for success in my job. That is how wicked and satanic some Nigerians can be in their rumors and mischief.” he said
A former Niger Delta militant, Mr. Government Ekpemupolo, alia Tompolo, has bought seven decommissioned Norwegian battleships, Saturday PUNCH has learnt.
Reports by a Norwegian newspaper, Dagbladet, said that the fast-speed Hauk-class guided missile boats had been re-armed with new weaponry.
The report also revealed that Ekpemupolo’s most recent purchase is a KNM Horten, a fast-attack craft now used in fighting piracy in Nigeria’s waterways.
It was learnt that in spite of his alleged history of violence, Tompolo, now controls the Global West Vessel Service, a privately owned contractor for maritime security for the Nigerian Maritime Safety Agency.
Buying arms from Norway requires an export license from Nigeria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The ships were reportedly sold first to CAS Global, a British security company that has such a license, after which Ekpemupolo reportedly bought the ships from the British company.
Dagblade reported that the seven Norwegian ships are now part of the company’s maritime fleet patrolling under a contract for the Federal Government.